The 10 attributes of greatness
What does it take to live a life less ordinary?
1. Ordinary people can fool anyone in the short term. Great people build trust and earn respect for the long term.
2. Ordinary people panic about deadlines and forget their priorities. Great people know that spending time with family and friends, and doing work that matters is all that counts.
3. Ordinary people spend too much time talking and complaining. Great people take action quietly and without fuss.
4. Ordinary people watch TV when they get home. Great people read/listen to books, write in their journal and meditate.
5. Ordinary people seek attention. Great people let their work and conduct speak for them.
6. Ordinary people dodge responsibility â€“ "someone else will clean up the problem". Great people take ownership of challenges with a smile on their face.
7. Ordinary people gossip and tear others down to get ahead. Great people take others with them on the way up.
8. Ordinary people skip class or lectures or seminars. Great people know that education and learning pays off.
9. Ordinary people pick up takeaway food on the way home. Great people pick up groceries, cook at home and make enough for lunch the next day.
10. Ordinary people react defensively to customers with gripes or demands. Great people listen patiently and show empathy.
We all can act ordinary sometimes. Great people, however, are mindful when they are being ordinary and step up to greatness every time.
Why we’ll keep delivering for our communities in the face of COVID-19
As Australia tries to keep pace with a rapidly changing business and social landscape in the wake of COVID-19, Momentum Media is leading the way delivering essential content to our communities, writes Alex Whitlock, director of Wellness Daily.
“Kindness is the language that the deaf can hear and the blind can see.” – Mark Twain